Who knew Japanese could be so easy-peasy?!?! Inspired by AllRecipes.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I can't mince well, so I thinly sliced and chopped mine)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound cubed steak
Stir all of the ingredients together (except for the cubed steak) into a nice marinade.
Let the beef cubes sit in the marinade for four hours. I stirred mine about every half hour to make sure each cube was well covered. It was a torturous wait as the marinade smells that good!
I ended up doing the marinade overnight this time around because some other dinner plans came up. I do not recommend doing this, unless you like your beef yakitori to come out a bit more like beef jerky-- which isn't terrible but I would have liked my meat to have come out more succulent.
Grill the skewered beef for 10-15 minutes. I did mine in the oven, on broil, turning them every few minutes until I was satisfied with how the beef cooked.
Serve with vegetables stir fried with the remaining marinade sauce and a nice side of rice.