- Oil for greasing the baking pan
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4oz cream cheese (herb, if desired)
- 4oz shredded cheddar cheese (I used white, mild Lancashire cheddar)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Corn Flakes (can also use Italian breadcrumbs or even 'Cheerio Dust', but Corn Flakes gives the best color and flavor, imho)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and oil the baking dish.
Butterfly the chicken breasts. If you have smaller breasts, get a meat tenderizing mallet and gently work the chicken to spread the 'wings'.
Spoon out the cheese mix into the butterfly wings. Spread the mixture with your fingers and then close the wings, wrapping the chicken around the cheese mixture inside. The cream cheese does a good job at holding and sealing the chicken together.
Add the Corn Flakes and Parmesan cheese to another bowl.
Melt the butter in your measuring cup. Add the lemon juice and minced garlic and mix.
Drizzle the butter, garlic, lemon sauce onto the chicken breasts. Pour the remaining sauce around the chicken breasts.
Season with garlic salt and paprika to taste.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.