Serves 8. Prep time approx. 1 hour. Cooks for 4-5 hours.
- 1lb minced beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
- 12oz cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12oz lasagna noodles
- Brown beef, onion and garlic in a frying pan
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasoning and mix
- Cook long enough for this meat sauce to get warm
- Spoon a layer of meat sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker
- Top the meat sauce layer with two layers of lasagna noodles. Break up the noodles to fit them around the inside
- Top this noodle layer with the cheese. I found that spreading 2-3 tablespoons of cottage cheese first helps 'anchor' down the noodles. Then spread the mozzarella followed by Parmesan.
- Repeat adding a layer of meat sauce, followed by a layer of noodles, followed by a layer of cheeses again and again until all of your ingredients are used up. I was able to get 3 layers in.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours.