Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year! Resolution 1: Start blogging again

Hiya!  So, I decided I start blogging again as part of the suite of New Years Resolutions for 2014.  This portion's supposed to be good for me in showing me the growth I've experienced over the year where blurbs on Facebook status just doesn't cut it.  15 minutes a day, no more, no less.  So the egg timer's going and I'm doing some free form thought stuff.

Oh yah, no photos for these either.  Just words.  That idea's inspired by an old friend who did the same with his journal.

At any rate... A's seated across from me watching Timmy Time on my old mobile.  C and V are crashed out in the living room.  At about 4 this morning, V was inconsolable, so C has been bringing her down to settle and sleep in the living room so that I can get some uninterrupted sleep (so very thoughtful!).

I'm trying out a new task management system where I've listed most of my house chores and tried to spread out the work.  We'll see how it goes.  It'll probably still require some tweaking.

I'm having a cup of coffee.

I'm feeling a bit on the spot.  Live free form thought journalling, folks  =)

I'm looking forward to taking on mountain biking.  I've been day dreaming about canal rides and rides through Haigh Hall and exploring some of the back paths for months now.

I'm looking forward to doing stuff with the kids at the Wigan Youth Zone.  I want to grow my relationships there with the other volunteers and staff and show the kids that there are adults who care and don't think they're totally slackers so long as they find it in them to be respectful and open minded.  And that those adults would go out of their way to help them.  I want those kids to overcome the obstacles and challenges that are keeping them from experiencing a full, happier life.  I want to introduce new experiences to them, lend them courage and confidence, help guide them to doing what's right for themselves and our community.

I'm looking forward to making everything line up to going back to school.  I came across some road blocks there, but not anything a little time won't help.  In the meantime, I do need to make myself buckle down and start getting into the habit of studying.

I'm looking forward to having A. home more often and starting to accelerate his learning through play.  I'm so impressed with what he does with math.  I want to encourage him to pursue language a bit more.  And I want to have the opportunity to play games with him and continue to bond with him since we're still doing a little bit of catch up in that arena, but doing very well.

I'm looking forward to watching V. grow into her own person.  She's sort of at an annoying phase, truth be told, where she's so excited about life and the things around her and she wants me to be her constant companion for all of it.  Perhaps I should re-examine it all through new eyes or something, once I get past this feeling of being smothered by her at times.  She doesn't mean it like that.

I'm looking forward to getting into the new house, being able to add my personal touches to it and really leaving my mark and making it our own.  I'm looking forward to having some fantastic gatherings there as well and being a great hostess and sharing love and laughter with friends.  I'm looking forward to sharing all of that with my husband as well.

I want to cook up some great food this year-- I want to be adventurous and try cuisines I'm not familiar with using ingredients that are new-ish to me.  I want to pre-plan for holidays and start teaching these customs to my kids and have the ultimate holiday home, full of decorations and activities (and again that love, sharing, laughter bit).  I want to connect with new friends I'm making here and grow those relationships.

I want to feel accomplished with what I do.  I want to cut down on my stress and frustration and strive to live a fuller and quality life.  Getting slimmer would be really nice too, but I gotta get more realistic about that part before it happens.

Time's up!

No comments:

Post a Comment